I’m a freelance editor, working with independently published authors who write for children and young adults. I have a Master of Arts in Children’s Literature from San Diego State University and a B.A. in English and Creative Writing from University of California, Irvine. I have previously interned at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency and completed the New York University Summer Publishing Institute. I love sharing my knowledge and experience in writing and the publishing industry with those who want to break their way into it.
I also love working in academia, editing and formatting papers for graduate students. I have presented the following papers at national conferences:
- “Fairy Tales and the Myth of Beauty” at PAMLA 2014 – Riverside, CA
- “Silence and the Adolescent Female Body” at PAMLA 2015 – Portland, OR
- “Project Prince Charming: Quest for the Ideal Man” At NEMLA 2016 – Hartford, CT
- “Faith, Tradition, and the Political Role of Children” at PAMLA 2016 – Pasadena, CA
- “Silence in Oral Narratives” (Presiding Officer) at PAMLA 2016 – Pasadena, CA
I have been working as a freelance editor with authors, professors, and scholars since January 2014. I am currently working full time as an editor for an online university, editing course guides.